Thursday 8 May 2014

Spring Fashion Haul- Boohoo & New Look Finds!


Today I took a dive head first into the sea of sales in New Look and fished out some great finds for Spring/Summer. My wardrobe currently need some urgent updating from the dark, dreary display to a much needed pop of colour and pretty prints, something which I've always tried to stay clear of and after reading many fashion blogs I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes to settle for dark colours and monotones.
My personal style is the typical black skinny jeans paired with boots of some description, my wardrobe features a lovely array of oversized comfy's and my drawers are stacked with slouchy "sloppies" as we tend to call it in our house hold. This fashion is great for six months of the year but come Springtime I suppose its best to experiment with colour, so here are a few items I've picked up recently...
Outfit #1

Floral Playsuit- Boohoo (Link)
Oversized Blazer Jacket- New Look (Link)
Suede Brown Ankle Boots- New Look
I really like this playsuit from Boohoo, in fact I just generally love Boohoo, its one of my favourite online fashion sites, the stock is always very original and reasonably priced. I think this outfit will be great for daytime and evening wear. - I've linked up where  you can purchase the items from -most of the stock is in the sales as well- bargain! 


Outfit #2 

Oversized Smock Dress- Boohoo (Link)
Chunky Black Zip Up Boots- New Look
This 70's inspired smock dress ticks all the boxes for me, I think its the perfect festival dress, I like that its oversized (all the better for dancing in) and I really like the pattern detail and the cut, it looks lovely when paired with some chunky boots and maybe a trilby hat? 



Outfit #3

Vest Top (old) 
Black 3/4 Length Sleeve Top- New Look (Link)
Detailed Floral Stripe Mini Skirt- New Look (Link)
Chunky Black Zip Boots- New Look 
Edging slightly out of my comfort zone here as I have chosen an A- line mini skirt! If I'm honest I just couldn't resist the patten, I love anything that looks slightly vintage inspired and I haven't come across a skirt that has caught my eye like this is a long time! I thought this piece would be a good staple in my wardrobe as its very versatile, you could wear this with heals and a vest top in the evenings or for more casual wear I chose to wear it with a plain top and ankle boots.  

Outfit #4 
Topshop 'Leigh' Jeans- Topshop (Link) 
Pink & Black Floral Print Top- New Look
Tan Brogue Lace Up Boots- (Link) 

I picked up this top because I really liked the colour combination of the pink and black, it makes it very easy to style with, the fabric of this is nice and thick and would be a good piece for a more formal setting or casual if worn with shorts and boots. 
So that's my little Boohoo and New Look picks for Spring, some nice coloured staple additions to wear throughout the warmer months. I've tried to link what I could next to the items and apologies for the poor lighting and dodgy mirror shots! (first fashion haul) I would love to know what's been your favourite item of clothing this season...
Thanks for reading- xx






No comments:

Post a Comment