Sunday 13 April 2014

My Top 5 Affordable Lip Products for Spring!

 
Today I thought I'd share with you my top 5 affordable lip products for Spring!
 
I've rummaged through my make up bag and picked out five of my favourite high street lipsticks which I think are perfect for Spring/Summer. I'm defiantly more of a natural- subtle lip stick wearer and enjoy wearing colours of the peachy-pink variety- especially during Spring time, so here are my picks! 
 
1/ TopShop- Whimsical ; this is a new purchase of mine and decided to pick it up after hearing so much about it and I'm very glad I did. This is a beautiful peachy pink colour and has rocketed to the top of my favourites' list! It's long lasting and applies quite opaque and thick, it does have a tendency to be a little drying so I always make sure my lips are nice and moisturised before applying. With one swipe of this across your lips and your good to go.
 
2/ Rimmel Moisture Renew- Let's Get Naked; these lipsticks are a renewed formulation and its safe it say they are very true to their name, super moisturising and surprising very pigmented. I like them because they feel very light on the lips and hydrating they also contain an SPF 20 which is great for spring time. I've got a few of these but my favourite shade is "Let's Get Naked" its such a neutral, almost nude colour that has pink undertones that just gives a "your lips but better" look.
 

3/ Revlon ColourBurst Lip Butter- Sugar Frosting; I'm in love with this range from Revlon, they are near enough my ideal everyday lip sticks, very moisturising and  nourishing, they are easy to wear and feel very lightweight. The only thing I would say is that they are very sheer, this colour especially, even getting a swatch of the colour was difficult but they do translate nicely onto the lips and give more of a tinted lip-balm effect. 
4/ Maybelline Colour Sensational- Tantalising Taupe Being fair skinned with blond hair I struggle to find the perfect nude that doesn't drown me of any colour. This colour is flattering and looks natural and subtle especially paired with a slight tan, it dries to a pigmented matte finish and has great lasting power. I think its part of the  limited edition range for the colour sensational collection, along with several other nude shades, defiantly worth checking out.



5/ Bourjois Colour Boost- Peach on the Beach First of all the award for cutest name goes to...
These Colour Boost crayons are simply awesome and a lot of fun! I really like the idea of the crayon designs, reminds me a lot of the "Clinique chubby sticks" and the formulation of these are beautiful as well. They are bursting with colour, and applies fairly glossy but non-sticky, hydrating and I believe they are waterproof as well! Bonus! The colour range in these are great, vibrant, fun and very spring inspired.
So there they are, my top 5 affordable lip products for this season, all sourced from the High Street and have my seal of approval! Do you have any particular lip products you like to wear for spring?
Thanks for reading-xx

No comments:

Post a Comment