Monday 21 April 2014

Home Haul


Today I thought I would share with you a few things I've bought for my home! If I'm honest its not really like me to go out shopping on the sole purpose of buying lots of home ware items, I tend to buy pieces as and when something catches my eye, however recently I've had the urge to freshen things up a little and give the place a bit of an updated spring shake up!
The first place I visited was George Home- exclusively at ASDA, I stumbled across their new  spring/summer home collection a few weeks ago whilst doing my weekly shop and haven't been able to put their catalogue down since. I headed straight for the bedding as they have some really beautiful prints, I picked up a duvet set that had little vintage inspired birds on which I paired with a thick yellow and grey knitted throw and some cushions which tied the look together nicely. When it comes to the bedroom I like quite a neutral theme and have settled on olive greens and light grey tones. For me comfort is key and I love building up lots of textures and layer with throws, blankets and cushions, in fact I have so many now I'm running out of places I can put them!

 Whilst in George I found some really pretty, almost Cath Kidson inspired kitchen ware and picked up a medium sized flora tray which I decided to use to sit my oh so important coffee making facilities on!
Overall I was very impressed with ASDA's offering, very stylish and very affordable. Next I headed to
The Range which is a large store that homes almost everything you could possibly think of! This was when things got a teeny bit out of control, again some really great finds and a reasonable price! I got a few things for my en-suite bathroom which has been needing some TLC to say the least. I went for a seaside theme to enhance the blue and white tiles. I wanted some wicker baskets to place fresh towels in and one to store some of my skin care products in. I couldn't resist the wooden starfish that I laid across the window sill and some hanging hooks with beech-huts printed on (sticking to the brief of course!)



The last few pieces I got were some more baskets in different sizes, I personally think that baskets are a great storage solution  and a heart garland that I have hung above my front door, I just cant resist hearts, they are everywhere in my home! So that's the lot, I had a lot of fun finding a place for my purchases this afternoon, it defiantly feels more refreshed  with a hint of spring sprinkled into the mix (even if it is pouring it down outside!) I always think a clear space creates a clear mind and every now and again attention to detail is nice to help create your own little space.
Thanks for reading-xx  

No comments:

Post a Comment