Friday 18 April 2014

First Impressions: Maybelline 24HR Colour Tattto Eye Shadows

For a while now these little beauties have been on the blogger radar as the go to affordable eye shadow that creates a shimmery, iridescent glaze across the lids of the eyes, something which defiantly tickles my fancy. I'm always on the look out for an easy going, no fuss easy to blend eye shadow which I can rely to stay put throughout the day, because lets face it, who really has time to be faffing about blending and what not first thing in the morning?
I have read numerous blogs and articles focussing on these shadows and having studied the very appealing colour range on the shelf, I caved in and picked a couple up to find out what all the fuss really is about.
The Product-  This release from Maybelline has been on the market for some time (better late than never to review it!) and since its launch a number of dupes and similar products have followed from other competitors (Bourjois Colour Edition 24hr eye shadows, LOreal Infalliable eyeshadows, to name a few.) The gel cream formulation supposedly glides on and doesn't crease, the product also claims to have long-lasting results (24hours!!) due to its "ink pigment technology." The colour range varies from shimmery metallic shades to smooth bold metallic shades with a good mix of neutral and vibrate colours. I picked up "On and On Bronze" which is a golden shimmery bronze shade and "Pink Gold".
 
 

 
Pro's
  • I really liked the formulation, it was easy to blend either using your finger or make up brush.
  • Liked the colour range, good mix of shades that were easy to wear and versatile.
  • Does have great lasting power, I applied this before work at 8 in the morning and when I got home at 7 it hadn't budged.
  • This product works as a good base colour or blended out on its own.
Con's
  • The colour for both wasn't as pigmented as expected, its a buildable colour, that when applied a lot of does tend to sit quite heavy and thick on the eyes.
  • The glass packaging may not be ideal for travelling and for on the go.
  • If you suffer from oily skin this may be one to test first before purchasing due to its texture, I found it to crease a little bit and occasionally smudge.
Verdict- Overall I do really like these they are easy to use, great for blending and creating lots of different looks especially with the colour range and most importantly they stay on. For the price these retail at (£4.99) you really cant complain and for the quality you get I would expect to pay out a lot more, in fact I may take a trip to Boots very soon and pick up a couple more! For me, the hype is real and if you haven't tried these yet I would recommend you do and at the moment all beauty products are 3 for 2 in Boots- what's stopping you?!
Thanks for reading-xx


No comments:

Post a Comment