Today I'm focussing on the Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation,which I purchased about a week ago now and wanted to share with you my thoughts...
The Product- This foundation from Giorgio Armani has been at the top of my mental wish list for quite some time. To me, this foundation claims to have all the elements I would personally look for in a make up base, it claims to be of a silky smooth lightweight texture with a seamless natural finish- which defiantly ticks all my boxes. The foundation contains no SPF, which is great to wear on a night out to avoid any flash back, and is packaged in a very sophisticated glass bottle with a pump- always a plus! I believe this high end foundation retails for around £34.50,with a very impressive shade range.
So with all that being said lets weigh up the pro's + con's.
- It has a lightweight formula, which does blend seamlessly into the skin- I personally found it best to apply using a buffing brush for the most effective results.
- It does what it says on the bottle and give a silky-smooth finish- airbrushing any blemishes or uneven skin tone along the way.
- Does give a really pretty luminous glow, which doesn't appear greasy or look unflattering
- It comes with pump, which I much prefer and considering the price you would expect it to.
- Large shade range which is very accurate, I would say my shade (4) is perfect.
- I can see this product being suitable for all skin types.
- Availability- Giorgio Armani is tricky to track down and with any high end foundations its always worth getting colour tested before you purchase in store.
- Its medium coverage- which may not be for everyone and possibly slightly deceiving considering it claims to be a light weight foundation.
- I wasn't too impressed with the lasting power of the foundation, I found that after 1-2 hours (considering what I was doing) I did need to touch up, so it may be worth applying a primer beforehand or using a powder to set the product in place.
- Price- for 30ml at £34.50 a pop... Ouch!